Not long now folks - both to the anniversary of #R2BC and to Christmas and a brand new year. It is going to be an exciting couple of weeks....
So what is making me cheerful this week? Quite a few things really, read on....
- You know I had an interview last Thursday? Well I got the job and I should start at the beginning of February, so that is very exciting. It is still at my current workplace and I am situated in the same office but with a new team and I will mostly be out training now.
- After posting about feeling very down earlier this week I have received loads of calls, emails, tweets and comments from friends old and new wanting to let me know I have their support. Thanks so much. As per always getting the fact that I feel down out in the open has helped loads and the last couple of days I have felt so much better.
- I finished work today and do not go back until 3rd January. I think this break will be so precious to me and the time with my family will make a massive difference to how I have been feeling.
- Our Christmas will be very low key and just the 5 of us. Originally my family were coming on Boxing Day but my Dad's car has broken and they cannot find a hire car so this now means we will have Christmas and Boxing Day with just us 5 and in true Polyanna style I am turning this sad thing into something good and it means we will all have to relax and play together. I shopped tonight and have not gone overboard at all, so there will be no cupboards full of goodies to empty when dh and I start the diet after Christmas.
- We will not get to go and visit my parents at their house on the 27th Dec and I'll look forward to that.
- We had a fabulous little party for the kids on Monday when I was off work. 6 Mums got together and put in £14.50 each and we had a full packed 4 hours fun in a hired hall. It was superb and so much better than buying lots of cheap presents for the kids, we all got to spend time together.
- I have started to receive some great offers of giveaway prizes ready for the grand #R2BC anniversary giveaway which will go live on Thursday 19th January. I have 8 prizes promised so far.... watch this space!
If I do not catch you before I wish you a blessed Christmas and I hope 2012 is a special year for you.
Love Mich x