Starting Sunday 6th February it will be New Bloggers Fortnight here at MFTH...
In early January I started paying more attention to the new bloggers threads on BMB and felt that I was now established enough and had some time to be able to visit, chat to and give comment love to some new bloggers. In the last month I have been bowled over by the amount of new mates I have made, mostly all new bloggers!
I started the Reasons to be Cheerful 1,2,3 linky and in the main this has been supported by relatively new bloggers and I love this. I feel as if we are building a beautiful community and all getting to know each other really well. Cybermummy 11 should be a blast!
I remember all too well what it felt like to me when I was a new blogger. I was totally overwhelmed at times and I just wanted to be liked (how sad!). I got so stressed that I took a 6 week break for Lent last year. I would say it was only about September when I found my feet and started to understand twitter and engaged with other people. I am pleased to say things have come on leaps and bounds since then. Have you seen I am at no 8 in the Wikio parenting blogs chart for February 11? Anyway enough, this is not about me...
The idea for the new bloggers fortnight was born from the post I did a couple of weeks ago where experienced bloggers shared their top tips.
So what is there to look forward to during New Bloggers Fortnight?
- I have some super guest posts lined up for you. Who better to give advice to new bloggers than new (or relatively new) bloggers themselves? So far, my guest posters will be @SusuRem @SAHMLovingit @wendymcd83 @_SHOWand TELL_ @metalmummy84 @PaulaHaylock
- The guest post topics will include the stress of being a new blogger, finding your voice, building relationships, joining in with meme's and blog hop's and creating a bloggy brand.
- I have a post to point you in the direction of a couple of dozen super tutorial posts from great Parenting bloggers.
- There is also a post to help you to decide if you want to work with brands and take paid content on your blog. Then if you do it helps you to know where to start...
- Part 2 of pick of the new parenting bloggers
Cheers, Mich x