Week 40 of #R2BC, can you believe it? But you know what that means, just 12 weeks until next year, or 11 weeks until Christmas, wow that feels soon.
I have been feeling a bit emotional this week and that is not massivley like me but on Tuesday my JJ turned 8 and it has really hit me that he is growing up and getting really quite big and in the main becoming a lovely lad, one I am pleased to be Mummy to. People often comment about how mature he is (well in some ways, not toilet humour of course!).
So this week my reason to be cheerful are all around my handsome fella -
- We are pretty broke at the moment, so much needing doing around the house that we are having to be good and as I am sure you have heard me rant in recent weeks, I am fed up with stuff and buying things for the sake of it. So we kept JJ's birthday very low key in terms of presents. From dh, I and his sisters he received a pair of PJ's (so comfy Mum), a pair of trackie bottoms (Oh they are nice) and a DVD (you know I love Veggie tales don't you mum?) and he was made up. I spent the sum total of about £15 on him and he was content. I love that about him, long may it last. Yes he also received near £200 from everyone else and is now pondering a 3DS or DSi XL.
- We are having a weekend in Clacton at a carvan park this weekend. JJ decided that he would like a weekend away rather than a party and when I can book with Tesco deals vouchers, who am I to argue with that? We are taking JJ's 7 year old cousin with us so we will have 4 excited kids - wish us luck! This could really go either way, I am a bit worried when the boys Mum and Grandma both wish me luck when I say about him coming with us.
- I have even more deals vouchers that we will be using to help fund the weekend. A day out to Colchester zoo and a meal out as well.
- JJ decided at the weekend that he wanted desserts rather than a birthday cake, so we had chcocolate gateux and cheesecake (his choice) but I felt that we ought to just mark the actual day so we had some chips from the chip shop and a chocolate cake from Aldi, it cost £1.29 and tasted good. Can you believe that? Just shows you can have fun on a budget.
- JJ and I topped his birthday off with a few games of wobbly chef and some cuddles with Holby City. A great night.