This was not an easy meme for me, as I mentioned the other day I am not really an objects person. Much more so that I rely on my memories and songs always form a big part of those. So when faced with choosing just one song it has taken me days to think about this - literally!
I have literally taken another walk through my life the last few days thinking of all different songs. Here is a brief summary -
- Adam and the Ants, Stand and deliver - my first record purchase
- Wham, Bad Boys - in my friend Mandy's bedroom dreaming of meeting George Michael!
- Pet Shop Boys, West End Girls, age 14 hanging out with the girls who lived in West End! lol We thought that was so cool, a song about their village!
- Sister Sledge, We are Family - with all my best girl friends at Uni
- Bon Jovi, I will always love you - the first time my heart was seriously broken
- Otis Redding, Sitting on the Dock of the Bay - 1994/5 - listening to this in the dark at night, cuddling my boyfriend (now dh) after a very long hard day working in a hotel
- Tina Turner, Simply the Best - my karaoke song. I adore singing!
- Will Smith, Men in Black - a fab Holiday to Spain with dh in the early days
- Eric Clapton, You look wonderful tonight - the first song at our wedding, sang to me by dh as we danced
- John Lennon, Beautiful Boy - for my baby JJ, born 2003
- and I can not think of a tune for my girls - I will have to ponder on that
Just remembered I am supposed to pass this on - so I will tag a couple of others from my blog roll -
Days with the Walker family
Single Motherhood Challenges
The House of Twins