|Planning for food for the week is key to my successful weight loss|
Welcome. It's so great to see you here for the first post in the #SlimmingSunday series. Emma at Life according to Mrs Shilts and I will be hosting this new linky each week and we'd love for you to join in.
Emma is a bit of a pro at Slimming World and has been following the plan for as long as I've known her (that must be at least 6 years or maybe more) and I highly recommend this great post if you are starting out on a Slimming World weight loss journey.
I am currently on Slimming World but I've tried out most diets and also Overeaters Anon for a few years as my weight is a lifelong battle and I've written about it quite extensively. As a Christian I suffer with guilt for being this big (I need to lose around 8 stone) as I know I am abusing the body that God gave me and also I end up feeling bad that I turn to food for comfort rather than turning to God. So that's what I am doing right now, working on freeing myself from this guilt as that isn't God's plan for me.
I'm doing a 'Living Free' course at the moment, designed to help me live in the freedom that God gives me and I am making headway in learning that I am enough just as I am, I am loveable, I am unique, I am accepted and I am free to be who I was designed to be.
I started out well in January and lost half a stone but if I am really honest my food has been a struggle the last few weeks and I feel a bit of a fraud starting this linky but Emma and I have been planning it for a while and to be frank I think it is just what I need to get to motivated again. I'm not going to want to report in once a week to you all without some good news now, am I?
My FitBit has been dug out and I've been taking part in a few friendly challenges and moving much more. I really can't wait for the nicer weather to be here so I actually want to go out for very long walks. My step total for last week was 74,517 and I'm fine with that as it averaged over the 10K a day they recommend.
What I've learnt this week
- I have to plan and stick to it, it is not enough to just hope!
- That I must not buy foods that tempt me and have them in the house
- Not to go off the grid. I need to keep chatting daily with my SW friends and logging my foods and taking pictures. Accountability really works.
- Moving more and being committed to wearing my FitBit even when my food hasn't been great
- Spending lots of time with God and really working on loving and forgiving myself: Dumping the guilt!
- Drink a large glass of water before every meal (I've done this before and it helped curb me overeating)
- Plan out my food for the week and stick to it. The online shop has already been ordered.
- A strict week on plan, keeping a very close eye on my syns. Record everything super accurately
- This weeks result - 0.5 lbs, which is OK as I didn't really care for myself at all last week food wise
- Weight loss to date in 2017 - 4.5 lbs
- Starting BMI - 44.5 Current BMI - 43.6
- Gain my half a stone award next Saturday (so that means losing 2.5 lbs)
- 2 stone loss by end of May for my Spain holiday
- 2.5 stone loss by 22nd July for my Bournemouth Holiday
- 3 stone loss by 15th August for my birthday
- 5 stone loss by the end of the year (that feels very exciting typing that!)
1) Write or link up an existing post about diet/ slimming/ healthy eating/ exercise or anything related to these topics
2) Grab the badge or add text link to either Emma or I (or both if you are feeling super generous)
3) Go share the love. Please comment on both Emma and My posts and also at least one other but it would be great if you feel you could comment on a few more.
Emma and I will come and visit you too and tweet out your links. Feel free to tag us in with @michelletwinmum and @mrsshilts and we'll give you an RT.
I can't wait to read your post. Have a fabulous week, Mich x
If you like what you have read and want to stay up-to-date then subscribe by email for free and receive blog posts directly to your in-box - just click the link Subscribe to Mummy From The Heart... by Email or perhaps you like to keep all your blog reading in one place, if that is the case you can follow me on BlogLovin too!