It's Thursday, how are you friends? I'm good this week. I still have a lingering cough from being poorly last week but in general I'm feeling much better.
Here are a few of the things making me super cheerful this week -
- I lost 4.5 lbs at my weigh in last Saturday and I'm praying for another loss this Saturday
- I've been listening to the God Centered Mom podcast for quite some time now and I just adore it. Heather has the most wonderful guests on her show and they have so much wisdom to share with me
- I'm back doing a bit of voluntary work for my husband at the conference centre where we live and I had forgotten how much I enjoy working alongside the wonderful community there
- The weather is cheering up and we are even seeing glimpses of the sun. This makes me so happy as I can start to get out and walk more
- I really felt tuned in to what God was saying to me last week and as a result I wrote a letter from God to all Mums. I was so blessed by how it was received and I had lots of comments, emails and messages from Mums who said it had spoken to the very heart of them and it has given me some great opportunities to pray for people and to hear from God
- As I cleaned the church hall on Tuesday I had a deep moment of contentment and I realised that I am happy with my life and much of the time I feel content. For forty-odd years I have raced through life and done everything at 60mph speed but I am finally learning that it isn't a crime to slow down and enjoy the things I do, living in the moment. I totally see this as a sign of spiritual growth and realising I don't need to earn anyone's love, especially not God's and this is an important step in my recovery from compulsive overeating
- I enjoyed watching the Good Karma Hospital tonight snuggled up on the sofa with my girls, one each side of me
Wow, what an eclectic mix there. I had no idea what I was going to write for my reasons, I just sat down and poured my heart out and this is where it led me this week! I realise if you are not a Christian there is a lot of God stuff there this week but to be honest, that is me and my life and if you can't be authentic on your own blog then where can you be?
Fancy joining in?
So now it is your turn. Why don't you link up a post about what is floating your boat right now? Share your joy, your lust for life and your gratitude and I assure you that you'll feel better for doing so. When we choose to live content, positive and happy things are always far better.
I'd love to read your Reasons to be Cheerful and it is as easy as 1, 2, 3 to join in -
1. Link up a post about something that is making you super happy/ grateful. It can be in this style or it can be anything you like - a recipe, a tutorial, a from the heart, a list - it's your blog, you choose
2. Add the #R2BC badge onto your post or blog so that people can easily find the linky and join in too if they fancy
3. Share the love. This is the really important bit. Please don't just link and run, comment on at least a couple of posts and share with #R2BC
I'll stop by all linked up posts to comment and I'll share on twitter too
If you like what you have read and want to stay up-to-date then subscribe by email for free and receive blog posts directly to your in-box - just click the link Subscribe to Mummy From The Heart... by Email or perhaps you like to keep all your blog reading in one place, if that is the case you can follow me on BlogLovin too!