I've been doing some thinking and I've come to the conclusion I'm a bit fickle! I realised early this year that I missed being part of the community that comes with a regular weekly linky. I also realised the thing I love most is gratitude linkies and thus I started #GiveThanksThursday.
I had chatted to Becky and Jo who run Reasons to be Cheerful (#R2BC) and they were happy for me to start this new linky as we agreed the blogsphere is a big old place and there is enough room for us all. What I had not thought about is that the blogs I know, love and want to visit are mainly still part of that #R2BC community and I did not want anyone to feel they had to start posting to two different linkies with the same theme on the same day.
In conclusion I am a muppet and I'm going to stop doing #GiveThanksThursday (although I do adore the new badge I had created) and I'm just going to join in with Reasons to be Cheerful like I used to. It doesn't matter that it is not my linky anymore, that it is hosted elsewhere. What matters is that it includes a bunch of bloggers that I care an awful lot about and I want to stay in contact with.
So the linky on this post today is for Reasons to be Cheerful and it will be from now onwards!
And here are this weeks reasons from me -
1. It is half term and I'm so pleased to have the kids home. Miss E headed off to my parents for 3 days at the start of the week and she has had a ball on her own, being thoroughly spoilt.
2. Miss M and JJ stayed home and they wanted to get involved in community life where we live. So Miss M and I helped in the kitchen garden and got stuck into some weeding and JJ worked in the Orangery tea room for a few hours.
3. Hubby is off today which means we have headed out for a family swim, walk along the seafront and chips on the beach. Is there anything better than chips by the sea?
4. Friday we head up to London for a couple of days to stay at the 5 star Royal Garden Hotel in Kensington. The kids do not know this yet and they will think they have gone to heaven. Having been to this hotel a few times I know just how wonderful it is and we are really looking forward to staying in a suite and trying out their cooked breakfast!
5. Hubby and I had a great Valentines last weekend. Nothing big and expensive, just a quiet meal in our dining room without the kids, with good conversation and followed by a movie and cuddles. Those times of just being the two of us are the best.
6. The girls gymnastics class has been changed to a Wednesday and whist this seems like a small thing it will make a big difference to them being able to join in with a monthly kids club run here.
As always there are lots more I could share, but I'll leave it there.
Reasons to be Cheerful is being run over on Jo's blog this month. Please do go and visit her and join in and then comment on a few posts. Lets all share the love and pass on the good vibes.
Have a wonderful weekend, Mich x
If you like what you have read and want to stay up-to-date then subscribe by email for free and receive blog posts directly to your in-box - just click the link Subscribe to Mummy From The Heart... by Email or perhaps you like to keep all your blog reading in one place, if that is the case you can follow me on BlogLovin too!