Morning friends, how are you today? I hope you have fab plans for this bank holiday weekend.
As you read this I'm away in Portsmouth with my family. We have taken a trip to see the Historic Dockyard as I've heard so many good reports about the attractions there and I'm so happy to be spending some time with them.
Last week in my Slimming Sunday post I said how I had finally realised things need to change. I can't go on as I am, getting more and more unhealthy and suffering from numerous health ailments because of this. Because I have such a large amount of weight to loss I don't want to do a crash diet meal replacements or such as I know this isn't a healthy and sustainable way to live.
So this week has been about making a start and cutting down. I set myself four small steps to follow last week and they were to -
- Sleep for 7 hours each night - as I write this post I have achieved this each night and I don't think it will be a problem for this to continue as I know how much being well rested helps me to resist all the foods I shouldn't be eating
- Glass of water before each meal - I've been very aware of keeping my water consumption up and need to keep with this
- 3 meals and 3 snacks to ensure I do not get too hungry and reach for the wrong things. I've been really good with my meals, and haven't had as many snacks as I thought I might need
- No cake. I forgot that on a Wednesday evening my husband and I are doing a Marriage course at the moment and at this they give us tea and cake. So I have had one piece but for me that is amazing, as I had turned into a cake most days kind of girl!
I need to keep going with each of those small steps but I think the thing that will make the difference this week is for me to plan out my days food wise. I've found in the past when I have a plan of what I will eat and when I am far more likely to be good, even if thins change a little. So I must take the time to do this plan for the coming week.
I wanted to be accountable and be able to report in to you about my weight. As I weighed on 10th April and then it was a bank holiday so my class wasn't on, but I weighed on my scales at home and the weight was very much the same, which was to be expected as I hadn't made a conscious effort. Then last Monday I was all ready to weigh and sadly due to personal circumstances my class was cancelled so I couldn't weigh.
However, despite not weighing I've still kept a good mindset and have been behaving this week but again I won't be able to weigh on this coming Monday as it is a bank holiday and thus no class. With all this non-weighing it has got me thinking about blind weighing, which I only learnt of this week from watching the vlog of Slimming World Girl Lauren. In her first 11 weeks on Slimming World she has lost 2 stone and has weighed in each week but not been told her weight.
I really like the idea of this as the numbers on the scale cannot play havoc with your emotions. We all know that as ladies our weigh fluctuates and often with increased exercise the scales fluctuate, so I am going to weigh in at my fit club each Monday and ask Sue not to tell em my weight. I'll just have to go by feel of my clothes for the start and maybe I'll measure too. I wonder if any of you have ever done this?
How to Join in
Slimming Sunday is a weekly linky hosted by Mich at Mummy from the Heart and Emma at Life According to Mrs Shilts. The posts go live at 7am every Sunday morning and you are most welcome to join in with any slimming/ weight loss/ exercise/ healthy recipe type post. Join as little or as often as you like. No pressure!
1) Write or link up an existing post about diet/ slimming/ healthy eating/ exercise or anything related to these topics.
By linking up you'll receive a weekly email reminder about Slimming Sunday, of course there will be an unsubscribe button on every email so you can opt out any time but lots of people have been asking me for a reminder.
2) Grab the badge or add a text link to either Emma or I (or both if you are feeling super generous)
3) Go share the love. Please comment on both Emma and my posts and also at least one other but it would be great if you feel you could comment on a few more. I'm sure you'll feel the love back if you do.
Emma and I will come and visit you too and tweet out your links. Feel free to tag us with #SlimmingSunday, @michelletwinmum and @mrsshilts and we'll give you an RT.
I can't wait to read your post. Have a fabulous week, Mich x
If you like what you have read and want to stay up-to-date then subscribe by email for free and receive blog posts directly to your in-box - just click the link Subscribe to Mummy From The Heart... by Email or perhaps you like to keep all your blog reading in one place, if that is the case you can follow me on BlogLovin too!