It's Thursday, how are you, friends? I'm good this week. I still have a lingering cough from being poorly last week but in general, I'm feeling much better.
Here are a few of the things making me super cheerful this week -
- I lost 4.5 lbs at my weigh-in last Saturday and I'm praying for another loss this Saturday
- I've been listening to the God Centered Mom podcast for quite some time now and I just adore it. Heather has the most wonderful guests on her show and they have so much wisdom to share with me
- I'm back doing a bit of voluntary work for my husband at the conference centre where we live and I had forgotten how much I enjoy working alongside the wonderful community there
- The weather is cheering up and we are even seeing glimpses of the sun. This makes me so happy as I can start to get out and walk more
- I really felt tuned in to what God was saying to me last week and as a result, I wrote a letter from God to all Mums. I was so blessed by how it was received and I had lots of comments, emails and messages from Mums who said it had spoken to the very heart of them and it has given me some great opportunities to pray for people and to hear from God
- As I cleaned the church hall on Tuesday I had a deep moment of contentment and I realised that I am happy with my life and much of the time I feel content. For forty-odd years I have raced through life and done everything at 60mph speed but I am finally learning that it isn't a crime to slow down and enjoy the things I do, living in the moment. I totally see this as a sign of spiritual growth and realising I don't need to earn anyone's love, especially not God's and this is an important step in my recovery from compulsive overeating
- I enjoyed watching the Good Karma Hospital tonight snuggled up on the sofa with my girls, one each side of me
Wow, what an eclectic mix there. I had no idea what I was going to write for my reasons, I just sat down and poured my heart out and this is where it led me this week! I realise if you are not a Christian there is a lot of God stuff there this week but to be honest, that is me and my life and if you can't be authentic on your own blog then where can you be?