I'm a little early but that's OK, as it's my blog and I can choose what I want to do. To be honest I've not been feeling the blogging mojo just recently. I think as I've started a new job and it's been the summer holiday I've just been really short of time.
I'm off to the Blog On conference tomorrow (my first one) and I am really hoping to re-find my love of blogging, and to want to get back in to writing. It should be a lot of fun, but I haven't been to a blogging conference for a couple of years now and I'm going on my own, so I am a tad nervous and want to make sure I find my confidence so I can chat to people.
To gte me in the right spirit for tomorrow I want to share my reasons to be cheerful for this week. These are all the simple moments that I am super grateful for.
- It's been a productive week, workwise
- Having fajitas and enjoying the company of my kids as we ate
- I've joined the chorus of the village panto and we had our first practise. I think I'll have a lot of fun getting involved with this
- I had a new fridge and freezer delivered and installed. This will make such a difference, as we were super tight for space
- Clearing all the summer stuff out the dining room and taking it back up to the shed
- Getting JJ's massive amount of Lego sold and out the house
- Bleeding the radiators and the house toastie again
- I've had some great walks around the grounds of my home
- I had the most divine hot chocolate whilst soaking my feet (I really am an 80 year old in a 46 year olds body!)
- Having a super chilled Friday with my parents, including liver and bacon for lunch, yummy!
- I'm at Blog On today and keen to learn something new and to have my blogging fire reignited
- Choosing not to stay overnight tonight and drink too much alcohol. This means I can get home and go to church with my family Sunday morning
See, it really is the simple things that can make me smile. I tend to find that when I remember to be grateful for the simple stuff, the big stuff takes care of itself.
Wishing you a great week ahead. Do share what has made you cheerful this week and feel free to link a post up with Becky at Lakes Single Mum for Reasons to be Cheerful.