It's not quite Thursday yet and I'm trying to get ahead and get this sorted as I feel like I have a ton of things to do right now. I hate that heavy feeling, I have to get myself in check and remind myself that all is well. It really doesn't matter that the washing machine is not working, I got the clothes out and I have access to another washer, even if I do have to walk some way to use it. It's all good for the step count after all! Then, next Tuesday the engineer will come and I pray he'll fix it, as it is a £1K machine that I've only had for 2 years, so he better be able to, or that will be rubbish.
So this week, it is quickfire reasons to be cheerful. Counting all those big and small things that are making me smile -
- Time with my Parents and brother at the end of last week
- My Dads operation went well and he is recovering
- Visit to the Llama Centre at the weekend with my hubby and the girls
- Superb worship at Church on Sunday
- Miss M stood on a plug and punctured her foot, which of course isn't a R2BC but I was so grateful the damage wasn't worse
- Tuesday with my hubby; we got an appointment booked to get our finances in order, had a nice Toby carvery and bought a new car! ekk
- The kids are back at school, which is good for both them and me
- I secured a nice new piece of work
- I only put on 1/2 lb in the two weeks over half term. I thought it might be more as I really wasn't focused. I'm pleased that some of the changes I've been making are just coming naturally and it is showing on the scales
- School listened and acted on a complaint I had made before half-term
- A snatched coffee with a lovely friend
- I sorted out the plan on Miss M's pay as you go phone, it was something silly that had been hanging around to sort and now it's done!
- I got an evening with just Miss E, as we hung around for a couple of hours whilst JJ was at Police Cadets
- Our cat continues to enthral us all with his funny ways. He has certainly settled in well here
My excitement for today is that I am picking up our new car, wish me luck!
For the month of March Reasons to be Cheerful will be over with Becky at Lakes Single Mum, so if you fancy joining in, you'll need to link up there.
Come and Join In!
I'd love to read your Reasons to be Cheerful and it is as easy as 1, 2, 3 to join in -
1. Link up a post about something that is making you super happy/ grateful. It can be in this style or it can be anything you like - a recipe, a tutorial, a from the heart, a list - it's your blog, you choose
2. Add the #R2BC badge onto your post or blog so that people can easily find the linky and join in too if they fancy
3. Share the love. This is the really important bit. Please don't just link and run, comment on at least a couple of posts and why not share with #R2BC too?
I'll stop by all linked up posts to comment and I'll share on twitter too