Hey friends, how are you doing? I hope you’re feeling more cheery than me. It’s one of those weeks when I really need the R2BC linky as I’m feeling a tad sorry for myself. I started to feel unwell, just a cold, nothing major, last week and then it got worse and worse and I ended up feeling properly poorly at the start of this week. I’m on the upward hill but now I’ve got a 24 hour blood pressure monitor on and it hurts, ever half hour it squeezes the life out of my arm, it’s no fun, especially not when I’m still full of a chesty cough.
Enough of the whinging, that isn’t what this post is about, I’m going back to basics and looking for the silver lining, so here are my reasons to be thankful (I can’t bring myself to pretend I’m Cheerful, lol) this week -
- I have the most ace doctor, she’s concerned about my blood pressure, so now I have a 24 hour monitor to find out if anything is wrong or if I just have white coat hypertension.
- I don’t have sinusitis, which I thought I did at the beginning of the week, thank goodness for eucalyptus oil and hot steaming.
- After the doctors, I treated myself to a mixed afternoon tea as I was in town. It was so yummy and allowed me to write this post in the cafe.
- My hubby is a good’un, he is taking JJ to cadets tonight despite it being my turn, as I’m not comfortable driving with this BP monitor squishing my arm!
- The girls have been ace whilst I’ve felt poorly and there has been lots of help with the dishwasher, tidying, hoovering, dusting and even toilet cleaning. Yes they’re hoping for a monetary reward, I realise that but still they’ve been very willing.
- Our new cat is becoming more and more conformable and confident in our home and he has now taken to sleeping on any sofa he fancies, or in fact bed. (Which we're OK with)
- I’ve got one of my Christmas gift guides out the way. They really are a lot of work and to be honest, I’m not quite sure why I do it! Lol
- Some paid work has popped up, which is nice right before Christmas.
- We’ve got free tickets for the cinema this Sunday, so I’m looking forward to a family trip there, not sure what we’ll see yet.
- There has been so much blue sky here this week, and its even felt quite warm. No coat necessary!
This really does work, by focusing on the good I feel so much better about the day ahead and the fact that my current woes are tiny ones and by this time next week I’ll probably be fully well again and back to my manic self.
Come and Join In!
I'd love to read your Reasons to be Cheerful and it is as easy as 1, 2, 3 to join in -
1. Link up a post about something that is making you super happy/ grateful. It can be in this style or it can be anything you like - a recipe, a tutorial, a from the heart, a list - it's your blog, you choose
2. Add the #R2BC badge onto your post or blog so that people can easily find the linky and join in too if they fancy
3. Share the love. This is the really important bit. Please don't just link and run, comment on at least a couple of posts and why not share with #R2BC too?
I'll stop by all linked up posts to comment and I'll share on twitter too
#R2BC is with me for the month of November.