This delicious lasagne is easy to make and will provide a filling meal. It is also syn free when you count a portion as half of your HEX A choice and you still have 20g of low-fat cheese to use that day in any way you fancy!.
Cook time: 45 minutes
Serves: 4 people
- 500g Lean (under 5% fat) minced beef or Quorn
- 1 Pack Butternut Squash lasagne sheets (Sainsburys)
- 1 500g carton Passata
- 1 Onion
- 250g Fat-free Natural Yoghurt
- 250g Low-fat Cottage Cheese
- 100g Spinach (fresh or frozen)
- 80g Low-fat Cheddar Cheese
- 4 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 2 Cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp Parsley
- 1 tbsp Mixed Herbs or Basil
- 1 Egg
- As needed - Low-cal Spray oil
- To suit your taste - Salt and Pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees or gas mark 4
- Finely chop the onion and the garlic and then fry for around 5 minutes in a hot pan with the spray oil. Use liberally so they do not burn.
- Add the mince or Quorn and fry until it has gone brown. If any fat comes out you can pour this off if you like.
- Add the passata, tomato puree and herbs and mix thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Separately, mix the natural yoghurt, egg and cottage cheese together and season with salt and pepper.
- Use the spray oil to coat the dish so the lasagne does not stick, then layer in your dish the butternut squash sheets, mince mixture, butternut squash sheets, natural yoghurt mix, spinach, mince mixture, butternut squash sheets, natural yoghurt mix and finish with the grated cheese on top.
- Put on a baking tray and place in the centre of the pre-heated oven to cook for 45 minutes.
- Serve with fresh mixed vegetables or a green salad for a tasty and speed filled dinner.
Here is an image you can save and print for easy use!