Each year I plan our families holidays and realistically if I'd wanted to I probably could have secured us a review holiday this October break and of course it is always really tempting to get away together but sometimes I think it is just as important to be at home and to appreciate what is around you.
Over the last couple of years my parents health hasn't been as good as it used to be and this has meant that my kids haven't been to stay with them, much to the dismay of my children. So with the kids a little older and Mum and Dad feeling a bit better we arranged that Miss M would have three nights staying there alone and then JJ would go for a few nights after.
Miss E was quite happy to stay home and have mummy time and she knows she is next in line for a stay at her grandparents and that is something to look forward to. I am so lucky that my kids adore my parents, just as I do.
We've had a great half-term break so far, there has been -
1. A trip to Nanny and Granddad's Saturday to drop off Miss M, lunch with my mum and brother, a coffee with my mum and then some shopping time with Miss E
2.. Miss E and I then snuggled up Saturday night to watch X-factor and Casualty while hubby and JJ went to the cinema together
3. The most amazing time at church Sunday morning where I had a spiritual awakening and I've written about it on my other blog
4. Straight on to Bexhill for a family fish and chip lunch and then a walk along the prom with the exception of Miss E, who practised her skating
5. Monday was a day at home with Miss E of crafting, working, chatting and film watching before heading out for a family meal at Toby Carvery
6. It was another trip to Surrey on Tuesday to swap over Miss M and JJ and a chance to briefly catch up with my parents. It was great to see my Dad is starting to be on the mend (after a very nasty tooth abscess)
7. Wednesday was a chilled morning at home, followed by a spot of shopping and then both girls had a swim gala for Cubs. They both had a fab time and I got hot under the collar!
8. Hubby was off on Thursday so we headed out to Nymans, a beautiful National Trust property in West Sussex. We had lots of fun there and stopped at a farm shop for a cream tea on the way home.
and that's right up to now. Friday is a chilled home day again, us girls have haircuts on Saturday and I'm meeting a friend Saturday night and then Sunday will be church and my boy will come home.
It's been great and I feel so lucky that I have this time to be able to be off and enjoy being with my family. Thank you hubby for working so I can do this and thanks to my parents for having the kids.
I hope you've been having a great half-term too. Mich x
Linking up with Becky at Lakes Single Mum for Reasons to be Cheerful and Aby for The List.
If you like what you have read and want to stay up-to-date then subscribe by email for free and receive blog posts directly to your in-box - just click the link Subscribe to Mummy From The Heart... by Email or perhaps you like to keep all your blog reading in one place, if that is the case you can follow me on BlogLovin too!