It's one of those days, the type where I wake up and just feel a bit off kilter. Nothing is wrong, life is good but I'm feeling anxious and unsure. I can't make effective decisions and I don't know what to do with myself. I tend to put these days down to hormones, being a woman has it's downside.
It would be really easy to allow myself to wallow in it for the day and to be unhappy but that's not productive and can lead me into a downward spiral, so I always find the best thing to do is to choose joy and look for the good (or grace) in the small things.
You can be joyful without feeling externally happy. Joy is much deeper and writing from prison Paul said "I have spoken to you with great frankness; I take great pride in you. I am greatly encouraged; in all our troubles my joy knows no bounds" 2 Corinthians 7:4. and what a great example that is, nothing in my life is as bad as Paul experienced and yet he still speaks of joy at least 16 times in his letters.
Today I choose to be grateful and I have found grace in the following small things -
- I woke at a good time and didn't have to rush to get the kids ready for school.
- The school run went well, no arguments with 6 kids in the car.
- I enjoyed my porridge and a well earned sit down.
- I am caught up with my social media work.
- All the ironing & washing is done and put away.
- The kids have nearly finished the weeks homework.
- I have a nice new Next top on which is super comfy.
- I picked up JJ on his own from school and we got to have a good chat.
- I just had the best cup of tea.
- Tonight I will go to bed in fresh sheets and that always makes me smile.
- My parents are still here and it is nice to dip in and out spending time with them.
- I get to spend snuggle time with both girls tonight as the boys will go out to scouts.
I'm linking this post up with Becky over at Lakes Single Mum for Reasons to be Cheerful. Click the link and head over to see what it is about....