I'm going back to old school ways today. When I started Reasons to be Cheerful back in 2011 it was a simple post detailing three things that had sparked joy in the last week. This week I have no fancy ideas or different takes on the theme, I'm just going to list all the things that have made me smile and say thank you Lord.
- I had my eyes tested and they were worried about a torn retina but after further tests all is fine. I did however, end up with my first pair of glasses and I'm picking those up today. They are those above in the photo, what do you think?
- A chilled and relaxing weekend with my Mum attending a Christian women's conference
- Watching Me Before You at the cinema (yes it was fabulous and yes it will make you cry)
- Taking the dog for a walk with my Dad on Sunday morning. One on one time is so special
- Enjoying French toast for breakfast with peanut butter and maple syrup - super yum!
- Clearing seven bin bags of stuff to the charity shop
- Spending time with some friends chatting about blogging and each writing a post in companionable silence.
- Having a cuppa and a slice of malteaser cake with a friend I haven't really caught up with for a couple of years
- Having a cuppa with another friend and her two gorgeous littlies and being able to be authentic and honest
- Being able to talk to JJ about growing up and some of the more difficult stuff, as long as he knows he can always come to me or his Dad I'll be happy
- The girls homework being complete for the week
- I'm really enjoying the Talyton St George series of books by Cathy Woodman. I do love a good dose of chick flick!
- Miss M's birthday present being delivered and she is super excited for Daddy to build her new bedroom furniture
- Spending time getting to know some of the new members of our community. This has been a big change over time and I have about 25 new people to meet and make friends with.
Loads and loads of reasons why I am feeling cheerful, why don't you share yours too?
Catch you soon. Mich x
If you like what you have read and want to stay up-to-date then subscribe by email for free and receive blog posts directly to your in-box - just click the link Subscribe to Mummy From The Heart... by Email or perhaps you like to keep all your blog reading in one place, if that is the case you can follow me on BlogLovin too!