I won't be making a big list of all the things that I must not do as that for me would just be depressing and dis motivating. Instead I will make a list of positive things that I intend to do, things that are good for my family and me and things that we enjoy but sadly can get pushed to the side with life's more boring and mundane tasks. Last month I blogged about my priorities, I had a moment of clarity when I knew for sure I was supposed to be spending more time with my family and that is where my resolutions will start..
- I will take time every single week to have quality alone time with each of my children. Be it playing a game, snuggling and watching TV or going out together. Just something for the two of us.
- I will re-start date night for dh and I. Sunday nights used to be full of romance and longing - I aim to bring that back again.
- I will go to bed by 11pm at least 6 nights per week and I will not stay up blogging or on the PC for too long. Life is more important that my blog!
- I will look after myself and stop stuffing my face full of needless food each time I feel any kind of emotion. I need to reconnect with my recovery program and gain abstinence. Reaching out to others in recovery on a regular basis
- That is it, I will stay realistic in 2011 and know that if I can do all those things I will be a very happy lady!
- I resolve to take a deep breath and count to 10 BEFORE screaming/yelling like a banshee at my children. No matter what the provocation. Even if they have written over the walls / peed on the new sofa / sneaked a lemon drizzle cake into the teepee in their bedroom and scoffed half of it / flooded the bathroom floor (again).
So that is me. What about you? Do you do the whole resolution thing?
Wishing you a very Happy 2011. I hope you will continue to read Mummy From The Heart... and please do pop over and see my new blog Honest Mummy Reviews & Recommendations... I appreciate each and every one of you. Mich xx