Here are my reasons to be Cheerful this week -
1. #1GoodThing and Instagram. I really enjoy Instagram, it is such a positive and visual place, so I love to have half hour there most days. Back in December I started the #1GoodThing hashtag for Advent and the idea was to stay grounded during the crazy run-up to Christmas. I enjoyed it so much and so did @teamlloyd that we decided to keep it going for all of 2017.
I'm loving seeing more people join in and use the hasthag and it is creating a nice little community of like-minded people. It's a bit like #R2Bc for Instagram I suppose!
2. Living Free course - I've started a ten week course at church and it is one I've been waiting for since 2015, so I am so excited to now be there exploring what it really means to be free. I've tied myself up in chains and guilt for so many years but now I am unravelling it and I realise it will be painful at times but it is also super liberating. I wrote a post on my other blog to celebrate my first night.
3. Volunteering at the Food Bank. I really love volunteering for the Food Bank. I do it both at the at church where we give out the food and also at the warehouse where we receive, sort and store the food. It is unbelievable how busy we have become in the last couple of months. Caps on benefits and and introduction of Universal Credits have sent people to us by the dozen. It is actually a little crazy right now and some changes need to be made to help us keep serving people without running ourselves ragged in the process!
4. Weight Loss. I've been on the Slimming World plan for a month now and to be honest I've followed it in quite a loose fashion but making good choices sometimes and being really mindful of what I am eating is working and I've lost 6.5lbs to date. Nothing massive and I'm so tempted to push it aside and just rubbish it but actually if I continued losing that each month this year, I'd be near 6 stone lighter by the time January 2018 rolls around and that would probably translate to me being a size 14 and that would be massive for me. I was probably last that size in 1994.
Just thinking about it we go to Spain on the last day of May and if I keep this momentum of weight loss up (and it is realistic) I'll be 2.5 stone lighter and hopefully a couple of dress sizes smaller.
5. Curry with the girls tonight. I'm meeting a group of ladies from church tonight for a curry. It's not often I get to go out with the girls, so I am really looking forward to this.
If you like what you have read and want to stay up-to-date then subscribe by email for free and receive blog posts directly to your in-box - just click the link Subscribe to Mummy From The Heart... by Email or perhaps you like to keep all your blog reading in one place, if that is the case you can follow me on BlogLovin too!