I just spent the most enjoyable 2 hours (yes 2 whole silent alone hours with God) in the prayer centre. I'm so thankful to live somewhere I can just take time out. Oh and by the way if anyone is suffering with feelings of rejection then this book I'm reading is amazing. Uninvited by @lysaterkeurst. Highly recommended. This is today's #1goodthing X
I sat down Tuesday night (getting ahead) and wondered what on earth I'd share as my reasons to be cheerful this week. What are the things that have made my heart sing this week? Where have I found my joy? So I grabbed out my gratitude journal and had a look at the kind of things I've been recording in there and they were all super simple. So here are a few -
1. I'm reading Uninvited by Lysa TerKeurst and it is amazing. If you've ever suffered with feeling of rejection, loneliness and a sense of not fitting in then this is for you. Have a read and know that you are loved and accepted by the one who matters.
2. I'm also reading chick lit. I love feel-good, happily ever after kind of books. You know the sort, they are written by Jane Green, Sophie Kinsella, Marian Keyes, Phillippa Ashley, Jenny Colgan, Cathy Kelly, Debbie Johnson and many, many more fabulous story-tellers. My current read is Mince Pies and Mistletoe at the Christmas Market by Heidi Swain and I'm about six chapters in and loving it. I just adore the fact that I can pick these kind of books up for 99p on my Kobo.
3. Netflix makes me happy. I love a bit of TV, I don't watch terrestrial TV any longer as I find the set times very restrictive but I love Netflix on my iPad as I can watch as I clean, iron or even write a blog post. My favourites at the moment are Shooter and Homeland, which I am working my way through. Think I need something a little more girlie next though, so shout if you have any recommendations.
4. Virtual support from my Slimming World group. I have to confess that I am not at all finding dieting easy but I will keep with it. On Monday (I didn't realise at the time but apparently #BlueMonday) I had a bit of a meltdown and cried to myself and let off steam on the FB group for my Slimming World group and what amazing support I got. A special thanks to Danielle and Lisa ho have tagged me in to their daily chat and now I have real-life slimming buddies. Their kids even go to the same school as my girls.
5. Waking my beautiful girls. This might seem an odd one but very often in the morning I have to wake my girls and I love it. I get to watch them sleep before I wake them with a kiss. Miss E always gives me a kiss back and says 'morning mummy' and Miss M is harder to wake but she then stretches like a cat and puts her arms out to pull me in for a big hug. It really is a treat to be savoured on a dull morning.
I'm going away Friday/ Saturday with my hubby up to London to see a show, so I'm sure that will feature in next weeks #R2BC and might mean I'm a bit later commenting/ sharing your posts but I'll get there.
Fancy joining in?
That's it for this week, 3 short and sharp reasons to be cheerful and that was the basis of this linky when it started way back in January 2011. Everyone can join in, as when we dig deep there is always something to be thankful for and to give you even a hint of a smile! I'd love to read your Reasons to be Cheerful and it is as easy as 1, 2, 3 to join in -
1. Link up a post about something that is making you super happy/ grateful. It can be in this style or it can be anything you like - a recipe, a tutorial, a from the heart, a list - it's your blog, you choose
2. Add the #R2BC badge onto your post or blog so that people can easily find the linky and join in too if they fancy
3. Share the love. This is the really important bit. Please don't just link and run, comment on at least a couple of posts and share with #R2BC
I'll stop by all linked up posts to comment and I'll share on twitter and Pinterest
If you like what you have read and want to stay up-to-date then subscribe by email for free and receive blog posts directly to your in-box - just click the link Subscribe to Mummy From The Heart... by Email or perhaps you like to keep all your blog reading in one place, if that is the case you can follow me on BlogLovin too!