The big C is practically here and if you are anything like me you want to be getting organised and be able to tick some of those gifts off the oh-so-long list.
My twin girls are 9 going on 13. So I thought I'd share this list of ideas of what to buy for your tween (8-12 year old) girl.
1. Smiggle is such a massive hit with my girls and all the kids in their class to be honest. So you can't go wrong with any gift from there but how about this gorgeous DIY journal. It retails for £18 and with the cute fur heart detailing on the front and the stickers, glitter and gems you can style it any way you fancy. Of course you have their iconic pop-out pencil boxes with all sorts of pop-out drawers and left up pen rack. The newest ones are even smelly - good smelly of course and you can invest in one of those for £15.
2. Most little girls love jewellery and I've bought both my girls a necklace from Florence Scovel. They were super value and look pretty sturdy. I love the motivational messages on them and chose an appropriate one for each girl and at just £4.99 each they were superb value.
3. My girls are into everything cosy and Dunelm Mill have got some fabulous things - dressing gowns, snuggle blankets, cushions and hot water bottles. As we wandered around the shop the other day Miss E spotted this fox foot cost that is just £5 - what a bargain!
4. My girls love chart music and the louder the better as far as they are concerned. So why not treat them to the latest NOW music album, either in CD format or for download if they are lucky enough to have a device to listen to it on. The RRP for the CD is just £12.99 and I often find the supermarkets offer special deals just before Christmas so keep an eye out.
5. Talking of music, what about this fun jet spray speaker from Smiggle? You can plug in any device via USB and watch the water spurt and the fountain dance with the beat of the music, as the soft glow light changes colour. The price is £25.
6. Miss M is very into her fashion but already at 9 she doesn't want me to choose her clothes and as she has the body of a 13 year old it can be harder to buy age appropriate clothes but I'll get her a voucher for s store this Next, where I can trust the items will be modest and suitable.
7. Something my girls are very into at the moment is decopatch. You can buy the paper mache shapes, boxes etc, papers, glue and brushes from any good crafting retailer but we tend to go to Hobbycraft as it is s joy to look around their stores.
8. The rainbow mould-able soap from Lush creates fabulous bath time fun. You break a bit off, mould it into whatever you fancy and then use it to wash or shampoo your hair and it is just £7.95 and lasts an age.
9. The Borrowers by Mary Norton is a fabulous read if your tween is a bookworm. I remember getting into this story at around this age and it was definitely one of the books that developed my lifelong love of reading. I notice the Book People have a great deal on this at the moment too, just £3.99.
10. If you haven't already got Cludeo in your family board game treasury then this is a must. We have such fun as a family playing this together and finding out who done it! Sometimes the classics are the best. The best price I saw was on ebay at £14.03 with free shipping.
Disclosure: I was provided with some Smiggle gifts for inclusion in this gift guide. I have not been instructed what to write and I remain honest, my girls class really are all crazy about their products!
If you like what you have read and want to stay up-to-date then subscribe by email for free and receive blog posts directly to your in-box - just click the link Subscribe to Mummy From The Heart... by Email or perhaps you like to keep all your blog reading in one place, if that is the case you can follow me on BlogLovin too!