There are many plus points for this -
- you can retain the best seat in the room for the whole day
- all the bloggers you fancy chatting with will come to you (as you can tweet out where you are)
- you'll remain calm and sweat free as you don't have to run from the second floor to lower ground in under 5 minutes!
- you'll learn things you never even realised you needed to know and you never know they might just have some bloggy benefits to come out of them
- you can make friends with the moderator
I had a great time at the conference, BritMums Live has always been my favourite but I do wonder if it had got just a bit too big this year, 700 people all together is pretty overwhelming, even for an old timer like me.
What I learnt
Even though I was working rather than attending as a delegate I still learnt some new things and now have a list of jobs that I must get on with over the next couple of months.
- Don't just accept the offers that come through to me. When offered an idea for a sponsored post pitch back to them with something that interests me and my readers more but still fits their need. Jen at Mum in the Madhouse
- When working with brands, change your perspective, it is not about you, it is about the brand. We have all got so hung up on 'what is in it for me?' and actually lots of good things come out of relationships where I am looking to satisfy them and go the extra mile (whilst of course still making it worth my while). Kirsty at the Family Adventure Project
- Gleam is a newer and easier version of Rafflecopter, I'm keen to give it a try. Di at SuperLucky
- When I write a post that is of interest to other well connected people, contact them and ask them to RT my post or share it in their circles. SEO Jo Blogs
- G+ has already overtaken twitter, I need to use it more wisely. Create better circles and take some time to move people into the right ones, have two way follows with people, Google likes that. 510 pixles is the magic number for getting large G+ images in the feed. James Dearsley
- I must sort out my Google authorship, I have tried to do it a number times and it does not work for me but apparently there is a great help page in G+
- I need to learn more about YouTube. There is a YouTube playbook with all sorts of advice for me to read and I learnt how to annotate my videos so I can link to my blog from within them! Greg Brand
- There is never enough time, you see a ton of people that you want to chat to and they are gone in minutes!
- That a quiet Friday night is a sensible option when you need to be up early on the Saturday. I'm showing my age but three glasses of wine and an Indian were plenty for me and Clare.
- That the Montcalm at the Brewery is a very lovely hotel and I want to stay there again! Really good breakfast too!