The kids each took £5 of their own money and that went a very long way. We enjoyed about 3 hours at the village sports pavilion with our new neighbours and friends and I hope to come to this fete for many years to come. Here are some of our highlights -
* The judging for best vegetables, flowers, paintings, photographs, children's crafts, writing and vegetable animals and so much more. Next year the kids and I will definitely enter a few of the categories and see if we can earn ourselves a placing or a certificate of achievement.
* Miss M's pony ride on Fern - I think if we can find the money Miss M would quite happily take up horse riding as a hobby. Thankfully at the moment she has no idea such things exist for kids. I fear this might all change when she starts school here!
* Talking of Miss M, this is what she won for me! There was an auction at the end of the fete and they sold off most of the items entered into the competition for judging. Despite having spent her money Miss M felt it might be fun to bid on this lot and won me a box of veg for £2.50. It certainly gave us all a chuckle and the cabbage was excellent.
* Then JJ decided he wanted to get in the action and he won himself 4 scones, a pot of homemade strawberry jam and he bought me some country flowers - ahh love him!
* Miss E decided to keep her money for herself but look how cute she looks with her new 20p scarf, apparently she now looks like mummy.
We had a super time and it was so nice to be somewhere safe where the kids could just roam free and meet all our new neighbours in the wider village community.
Click on the badge to head over and see what others have got up to in their Country Kids exploits.
Have a great weekend, Mich x
If you like what you have read and want to stay up-to-date then subscribe by email for free and receive blog posts directly to your in-box - just click the link Subscribe to Mummy From The Heart... by Email or perhaps you like to keep all your blog reading in one place, if that is the case you can follow me on BlogLovin too!