Hello all, How are you today? I hope you are having a good one, I'm doing a bit of work at home today and then it is housework all the way until I pick the kids up. How much fun does that sound? I'll be pleased with the result but I'm not too thrilled with the hard work that goes before it to be honest.
I'm not doing very well at staying away from this blog am I? lol, I had fabulous intentions and then #R2BC needed my help these last two weeks and the ONE campaign got in touch and asked me to blog about malaria and after watching the Richard Curtis film Mary and Martha, how could I not? Did you see it last Friday on BBC 1? It is excellent and I highly recommend it, in fact this film is my first reason to be cheerful this week, I am super excited for something like malaria to be given a slot on prime time TV.
I haven't done much that was notable in the last week so I am going to use this time to count my blessings and express my gratitude for -
- My job - which is varied and interesting and keeps me out of mischief
- My house - which is warm, comfortable and big enough for us all to be happy here
- My husband - who is a superstar, there I was panicking about how we would cover childcare in all the school holidays and he pulls out the stops and sorts it out
- Miss E - who was invested at rainbows last week and made me so proud when she confidently said her Rainbow promise. This was out of the ordinary as she gets very embarrassed and was nervous. After we told her how well she had done and she told me her strategy - she pretended she was not shy, how fabulous is that?
- Miss M - who showed us just how confident a 5 year old can be. In the supermarket a couple of days ago she went through one aisle on her own and I went through the next watching her. She had an impatient woman behind her and she kept smiling at this woman. Then the cashier tried to charge her a different price to the one on the shelf, so Miss M said no and the supervisor had to go and check and she waited patiently and chatted away and then paid the correct price, much to the annoyance of the hurried woman behind!
- Lastly my boy - who is blossoming into such a wonderful young man, he is helpful, loving and really quite mature for 9 years.
And now it is your turn, what is making you cheerful and grateful this week?
Why don't you join up with Reasons to be Cheerful this week? It is such a fabulous opportunity to stop and reflect on your life and to see the good in it. Have a read about what I believe and why #R2BC started, it has literally changed my life to have this weekly focus on what is good (or God) in life. How easy is it to allow things to become doom and gloom?.
So if you want to join in, go for it. We are a no rules kind of linky - you link up what you fancy (well as long as it is not just a blatant advert), a recipe, the simple things in life, photos, a story - whatever! Add in the blog hop code so people can travel around and then visit others and share the comment love. But if you are not sure how to add in code or anything else, don't worry - just go for it and leave a link to your post in the comments and I'll link you up.
Have a great week, Mich x
#R2BC will be back with Clare at Seasider in the City as soon as her blog is all back to normal, hopefully very soon, it has already been far too long for her!