I am now the proud owner of a very smart Trespass mens ski jacket. You might wonder why I opted for a mans jacket, the reason are two-fold. Firstly I am a larger lady and I often find that ladies sports type clothing only goes up to an 18 or 20, I need a 22. Then the second reason is that my husband can wear this coat when I return and it will get some good wear. Seems a shame for it to sit in my cupboard once I come back, it is hardly likely you will ever find me going skiing after all!
The coat that was sent to me has an RRP of £199.99 as it is a high performance coat but M and M Direct have it for sale at the super special price of £59.99. I did a search on the internet and I could not find the same coat anywhere else for cheaper and of course M and M Direct's strap-line is 'Biggest Brands, Lowest Prices' and this sure does back that up.
The Technical Stuff
Trespass are a name I know and trust, as dh is a Cub Leader he has always had lots of outdoor clothing in our house and this is a regular name he buys. As I mentioned this coat is really top-of-the-range and if I am honest, an average girl like me is not even sure what all the technology used in this coat is about, but I'll share with you as I am sure you are more 'with it' than me.
- Trespass technical performance rated 100 jacket
- Radium peak performance fabric incorporates tres-tex membrane technology and is Waterproof to 15000mm, Breathable to 8000mvp and Windproof too
- The fabric is supple and durable with functional coats and surface treatments that mean they repel water and work with your layering system to draw moisture away from the body
- All seams are taped to further improve wet weather protection
- Water repellent zips when closed will ensure and you and your pockets stay dry in even the worst weather
- Coldheat insulation is lightweight and has a soft lofted fibre layer to hold in your body heat
- Communications pocket is included inside the jacket especially for your mobile or 2 way radio, the warm environment prolongs mobile battery life (as cold weather drains it)
- Zipped underarm venting for when you go from outside to in but do not want to remove your coat
- Volume adjustable hood (which you can zip off). Just look at the picture of me, it sure covers up a lot and keeps you warm
- Numerous zipped pockets both inside and outside the coat and even in the arm, also includes a special pocket for your goggles if you need them
- Adjustable storm cuffs and snug cuffs inside to ensure the cold air cannot get in
- Utility D ring
- Detachable Ski skirt (or snow seal system depending what you call it) with loops/ poppers to attach to your pants
100% polyamide shell, 100% polyester lining and padding.
What do I think?
So far I have only worn this coat on the school run and to watch JJ play football on a chilly Saturday morning so it has not been put through a full test yet. Once I return from Belarus I'll update this review and talk through how it worked in the real cold! I have to say that I have no reservations from what I have seen so far.
The things I really like about this coat are -
- the magnetic flap which closes over the zip, so effective but really simple.
- That there are tons of pockets, I won't even need a bag in Belarus.
- The comfy fabric and how lightweight it is for the warmth it gives
- The reflective panels, these will give me a lot of peace of mind when dh is wearing it on his cycle
M and M Direct's service
This is the second time I have used M and M Direct and I will definitely keep them as a staple for the future. They have such a great range of stuff for the kids, dh and me and at really excellent prices. I have mentioned to a few friends and they all seemed to know about this online store and I have not heard one grumble about them.
I love the fact that if you spend £30 or more you can get free UK standard delivery and I have found their deliveries to be quick and efficient. There is also a straight forward exchange or return policy and everything is crystal clear on thew website, no hidden surprises, which is good.
I'll leave you with a closer look at the coat and some of the features. I am one happy lady, Thank you M and M Direct.
Disclosure: I received this coat free of charge for the purposes of this review. I have not been instructed what to write and I remain honest.