Here is what is making me cheerful right now -
- Today is my last day at work before I travel, I am feeling on top of my workload and feel ready to finish.
- My plan is to have everything done before I go to bed on Friday night and then I can spend a quality day with my family before I fly.
- I have had two early nights in a row and boy does that make a world of difference.
- I learnt today that next week when I am in Ethiopia I will visit FashionABLE and sit side by side with the women who work in this fantastic project and I will help to craft a scarf to be sold on the ONE site. Have a look at FashionABLE's website - their scarves are really gorgeous and priced very reasonably too.
- I am being bowled over by the amount of wonderful people I speak to who want to get involved with Operation Christmas Child - my work, dh's cubs and even my hairdresser!
- It is JJ's 9th birthday today, he is such a big boy now and I love him so much, he can be such a pickle at times but in general he is wonderful company and I hope he has a marvellous party later tonight.
- We had a really lovely time at Legoland last weekend for JJ's birthday, I wrote a Legoland review if you are interested and here is JJ enjoying his time.
If you have some things making you cheery this week that you would like to share, then write a post, grab the blog hop code and link up. Then go and visit each other. I want to give you my sincere apologies for not having been to visit for a couple of weeks, my world has just been mental and I have received the very sad news that my beloved Nan has terminal cancer so I have been visiting her.
I'd love you to follow my journey to Ethiopia over this next week. I'll be sharing the stories of some wonderful Ethiopian women and children and showing how international aid is making a difference to their everyday lives. Don't forget how easy it is to join up and offer your voice to ONE, the widget is in there.
Next week whilst I am away my wonderful friend Clare will start a meme to support ONE and Jen and I whilst we are in Ethiopia, I would be so thrilled if you join in. Keep an eye on @SeasiderClare and Seasider in the City for the meme to launch and the super Julie will be hosting #R2BC so please support her and keep our linky going.