|Pleased to say, it is not this big! I was actually pregnant there.... 31 weeks with the girls.|
Last week I wrote my #InnerTruth post and said that in the next week I would focus on being positive and believing that I could lose weight. For I know that until I am positively thinking about my weight loss it won't happen. Positive thoughts feed positive actions after all. I feel that my negative beliefs have been stopping me handing my problem fully over to God and doing the foot work to ensure that things change.
I did try fairly hard to think positive but what I found was that without actually dieting, it was incredibly hard. I would think to myself, 'I can do this, I will lose weight, I am a woman who can, God is with me' etc etc and then this little thought would jump in my head that said 'so why are you not doing it Mich?'.
And that that is a good point, why am I not just doing it? Is my weight loss not that important to me? It should be. I checked tonight and I am 238 pounds, that is 17st and 9lb and my BMI is 40.8, anything over 40 is class III obese or some call it morbidly obese.
The following factors have to be a wake up call don't they?
- People think I am pregnant (I'm not!)
- I will die prematurely because of my weight and leave my family
- I am at risk of developing diabetes (very soon)
- I hold my weight in the middle of my body, the most risky place
- One of my babies is showing a tendency to put on weight and obsess about food, it is my poor example that is the cause of this
- I will exercise a minimum of 3 times this week
- I will pray first before I put anything in my mouth. The serenity prayer will remind me to give it up to God.
Lord, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I can change,
The courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the diffference.
Wishing you the best of weeks. Don't forget to drink lots of water, it makes a world of difference.