I think that title sums it all up pretty well really, life is one big learning curve or perhaps for me it should be like the diagram above, nice managable steps up and then all of a sudden a sheer climb which I just cannot seem to manage and I tumble back down! I seem to get the hang of something, climb the hill and then slowly forget what I have learnt and slump back down. That sounds a bit negative dosen't it? But here is the good news, I don't give up. You can call me rubber band, I'll keep pinging back and I will try, try, try again. I do have full confidence that one day the miracle will happen with regard to my weight and health related to it.
So here is my summary of the things I have learnt in the last couple of weeks. The things I need to remember and stick with!
- When I miss my one session of pilates in a week I find it really hard to stay on track with anything during that week.
- When I listen to my Thinking Slimmer slimpod, I eat less. Simple, it works, I just have to remember to...
- go to bed at a decent hour so I remember to play it, I feel so much better for an early night and ...
- it allows me to get up at 6am to do my exercise, which I do really enjoy. So no excuse Mich!
- Then lastly, I realise that I eat so much better when I have a meal plan for the week. So here is this weeks effort -
Breakfast 2 weetabix, banana
Snack Melba toast and philli
Lunch Ham, cheese and salad wrap, yoghurt
Dinner Jacket potato with tuna and beans, sugar free jelly
Breakfast Porridge, OJ
Lunch Jacket potato with beans
Snack Melba toast and phili
Dinner Quorn and veg stir fry
Breakfast Shreddies, Banana
Snack Carrot sticks
Lunch Ham & salad sub, crisps
Dinner Spinach and ricotta tortellini and tomato sauce. Rice pudding
Breakfast Porridge, OJ
Snack Melba toast and Philli
Lunch Chicken and veg soup, with ryvita and ham
Dinner Home made chicken nuggets and wedges, sugar free jelly
Breakfast Beans on toast, OJ
Snack Buttered malt loaf
Lunch Tuna salad
Snack Cup a soup
Dinner Chicken tikka, naan bread, sag aloo and salad
Saturday & Sunday I have no idea yet if I am honest. I have the lovely @Seasiderclare coming to stay Friday night so who knows what we will do/ eat on the Saturday and then Sunday will probably be something good to make up for the day before!
Does anyone have any good snacks they can share with me please? I need something filling, ideally low GI and not too many calories.
If you have read this and are on a similar journey, don't forget to link up with Liska (click on the #Mumentum badge) and for the first time I'm linking up with Mrs M too for Meal Planning Monday.
Stay well, Mich x