How could my reasons to be cheerful be about anything else this week? Selfish, indulgent? Yes. So what? Sometimes we have to look after ourselves and have a bit of fun! Life is about balance after all. Too much seriousness makes Mich a boring bunny.
Tomorrow night is the Mummy and Daddy (MAD) blog awards in London and it is thanks to you super bunch that I will be there as a finalist in the Best Blog about Family Life category. I am super chuffed to be going and very excited. I know that Sally and Jen will have done an amazing job organising the event.
So straight onto my list of MAD reasons -
- After dropping the kids to school tomorrow, I am straight off up to London for a spot of shopping
- Then meeting a load of great bloggers for a late lunch/ early dinner of Tapas
- Checking into the Radission Bloomsbury hotel - which looks super plush!
- I have an outfit provided by Marks and Spencer and I feel so comfortable in it and hubbie tells me I look glamorous. It looked quite plain on the hanger so I have just included a snippet in the monatge below, I'll post a full piccie for you on Saturday.
- I am have had my hair cut this morning
- I applied the fake tan last night and have non-pasty legs for once
- My toe and finger nails are manicured and tidy, sadly the hot pink went out the window for my finger nails as a load have broken but they still look nice.
- I intend to have cuddles with loads of super friends at the awards - Chris, Alex, Clare, Heather, Karen, Nickie, Maggy and a very special hug for Lexy. (and if I have not mentioned you by name I am up for hugs with everyone else too!)
- I am going to have some booze tomorrow night, it is not very often I drink and completely non-existent to get drunk nowadays but tomorrow I might just head that way!
My thanks go to Parentdish UK and TalkTalk the main sponsors of the MADS.
So over to you, what is making you happy this week? Link up your post now...