I have decided that I will vary how I post my #R2BC post each week. Sometimes a written list of my gratitude's, others a slideshow, others a vlog and this week a recipe and couple of hours cooking with my little blond bombshell, AKA Miss M which made me very cheerful indeed!
So here is the recipe for Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
3 medium size very, very ripe bananas (the softer and riper the better)
1 tsp lemon juice
5oz soft brown sugar
9oz self-raising flour
1 tsp ground Cinnamon
3 medium eggs
1 small bag of chocolate chips
All ready? off we go then...
1. Preheat the oven to about 190 degrees C. Lightly grease and I also line with greaseproof paper a large cake loaf baking tin.
2. Mash the bananas in a bowl with the lemon juice and a heaped tablespoon of the sugar, keep for later.
3. Gently heat the remaining sugar and butter in a pan until the butter melts. Pour into a bowl and allow to cool slightly.
4. Sift the flour and cinnamon into a large bowl, make a well in the middle.
5. Beats the eggs into the cooled butter/ sugar mixture. Pour into the flour well and mix thoroughly
7. Gently stir in the mashed banana mixture. Put the finished mixture in the cake loaf baking tin.
8. Bake in the pre-heated oven for about 50-55 minutes, or until it is well risen and golden brown.
9. Leave to cool slightly in the tin and then turn out onto a wire rack.
10. This cake is really good the day after cooking, it firms a little but still stays moist. Great to eat for up to about 4 days after cooking.
|Super yummy with a cup of tea!|
So over to you, you know the drill. Link up your cheerful, happy gratitude post. if you don't know what Reasons to be Cheerful is all about, then read HERE.
..and before you go, I must remember to point you over to Maxabella's I'm Grateful for... link up. Join up your reasons post there and make some new Aussie friends. It is live on our Friday.
Of course Jen's Blog gems is still open too. Jen is having a real hard time at the moment, so blog gems is being hosted by friends. Look at Jen's blog and that will direct you where it is right now. Link up every other Sunday and air your archives.