I do love it when I get an email from Orchard Toys asking me if I would like to review another of their products. Without a shadow of a doubt I know that I will receive a British made innovative and educational game or puzzle arrive in the post that will delight my children.
Piggy in the Middle is no different. The object of the game is to achieve savings of £5 and reach one of the finish spaces.
You play the game by rolling the dice and moving around the board, if you land on a spend or save space you collect a card and it instructs you what to do. You have to spin the spinner to see how much either you pay to the bank (you spend) or the bank pays to you (to save). JJ adored being the banker, this was his big brother duty. If you are really lucky you might get the piggy bank card and then you can claim all the money in the piggy bank (which will have got there by people landing on different coloured piggy bank spaces and having to pay 50p in the piggy bank). Once you have managed to save £5 you make your way up the board to any one of the finish spaces.
- The packaging is sturdy and lasts, no silly broken corners after a few weeks.
- The board breaks into jigsaw pieces for small storage and again is a real sturdy card with a sort of laminate wipe clean cover
- There is a cute little red piggy bank with it (need I say more? lol)
- The game is good fun, it is advertised for ages 5-10 years and I played it with my just 4 year old twins and 8 year old and they all loved it. The 4 year olds needed a bit of help with keeping track of the money but they got the hang of the game very quickly.
- The game really does bring the whole family together for some fun
- It teaches my kids how to handle money and ties in with the national curriculum for maths, how can I not like that?
Piggy in the Middle retails for £11.50 and I believe it is really good value for money. You can buy it direct from Orchard Toys HERE and I must also say they always ship really fast and package the item well.
Would you like to win your own Piggy in the Middle game?
- Mandatory - leave a comment and let me know how I can contact you if you win (email, Twitter ID)
- Additional Entry- subscribe to my blog for email notifications, so you never miss a giveaway again!
- The winner will be chosen at random
- Open to UK and Ireland residents only
- Giveaway closes at 12 noon on Friday 16th September 2011
- The winner will be contacted within 3 working days of the competition closing
- The winner needs to contact me within a week of my announcing the winner or I will draw again
- The prize is not transferable and there is no cash alternative
- The game will be sent direct from Orchard Toys
Disclosure: We were provided with this game free of charge for the purposes of the review. I was not instructed what to write, the words are my own and I remain honest.