After realising that our families eating habits were a bit out of date I was pleased to be asked to review the new cook book by Gwyneth Paltrow. It is called Notes From My Kitchen Table and I have to say that it is a lovely book. It is so nice looking with great photos that it could easily be a coffee table book!
The book opens up with Gwyneth sharing with us her love of food which she gained from her dearly departed father. She shares beautiful family photos and talks about her upbringing, it is quite autobiographical in style. The next part I really liked where she talks about including her own children in all things culinary and even gives a quick list of 12 tasks that are great to get the kids involved with. It is clear that eating with all the family is very important to this lady.
Gwyneth herself does not eat red meat and thus if you are looking for a recipe book rich in ideas for fish, seafood, duck and chicken then this will be right up your street. There are some family classics in here, like Macaroni cheese, vegetarian chilli and stir-fry chicken but there are also loads of slightly more exotic family meals too, anyone for grilled 'baked stuffed' lobster? Not something we eat at our house, but then I did mention we were a bit food boring!
Perhaps being American has led Gwyneth to include a good dessert section. I am particularly keen to try the peanut butter cookies and the brownies look divine too.
My dh and I decided that this book is quite Nigella in style. The recipes seem to suit our Spring to Summer months and would be great for al fresco dining with a nice glass of white wine. In all I think that is a very nice cook book with about 150 super recipes which will move me from my comfort zone. The book retails for £20 and is hardback with a protective sleeve. I see that WH Smiths have a special on at the moment and the book is yours for just £12.00
Like the look of this cook book? Yes, then enter my giveaway, I have 3 copies to give to you!
- Mandatory - Leave a comment to let me know what your favourite family meal is.
- Mandatory - Subscribe to my blog, either click the google follow button on the right or the RSS feed one and leave me a comment to say you have done so, making sure you leave me a way to contact you, if you are the lucky winner.
- For an extra entry - Tweet I'm in to #win a Stunning Gwyneth Paltrow Cook Book from @michelletwinmum 's #giveaway http://bit.ly/jlJZb8
Terms and conditions:
- The competition closes 12 Noon 11 May 2011
- The winner will be contacted within 3 working days of the giveaway closing
- Open to UK & Ireland residents only
- The cook books will be posted directly from the PR agency
- The prize is not transferable and there is no cash alternative
The lucky winners are @sandyhallett, @mum_themadhouse and @mummydichotomy
Please email me or DM your address details and the PR agency can arrange to send your books to you. Thanks a lot. Mich x
This is a review post. I was sent the cook book free of charge for the purposes of this review. I have not been told what to write and I remain honest.