There are a good variety of designs available at Blue Friesian, you can choose to make a cover, 1 page spread, 8 page magazine or 12 page magazine. The pricing varies on what you wish to purchase and they get cheaper and cheaper the more you buy. Just imagine after your wedding you create a one page spread from something like KO to share your beautiful memories and photos from the day and use this as your thank you letter. You could have 50 of these printed and sent to you for only £50.00, that is only £1.00 each - no more than a decent wedding thank you card, and the beauty is that these are excellent quality A4 keepsakes - Fabulous!
So how did I find the process?
- The first 1 page spread (and my most intricate with 8 photos and about 8 sections of wording) probably took me about 45 minutes to create from start to finish and that was learning the system too. The cover for my friend then just took about 5 minutes literally and my dh's 1 page spread was about 15 minutes. So these do not have to be a bind to create.
- You can only upload 1 photo at a time which worked but was not as quick as I would have liked, however the owner of Blue Friesian has showed me she is chasing her web developers for a fix to this.
- Currently you have to go to an external tool to crop or enhance your photos to then fit them into the boxes available. I used PicNik which is free and easy to use. Again Blue Friesian are currently waiting for an enhanced version of their editing tool, this will allow you to crop and move images on the Blue Fresian website. This will make a good service even better.
- At one point I got a little stuck (it think it was technophobic me rather than anything else) and I emailed and received a fantastic and helpful response. Blue Fresian pride themselves on their excellent customer service and I can certainly vouch for that, it was been a pleasure dealing with them.
- At check out there are loads of options for you to pay. I used paypal for peace of mind.
- Postage is included in the cost and I like this, no hidden extras.
- I have now received small jpeg images of my covers so that I can email them to friends, share on facebook etc and that is a super little extra. Sadly I won't be sharing my covers here as they all contain lots of personal information that I am normally very careful to conceal on my blog!
Edit: I received the covers I made in good time, the packaging was good and appropriate for the package. I was really very pleased with the quality, the covers are on 350gsm and are therefore very durable and great for framing. If you order a magazine these come on 150gsm paper, again making them a long-life keepsake.
So now, are you interested! Want to enter my giveaway to win yourself a £25.00 voucher to spend on the Blue Friesian website? This would create you a couple of covers or a beautiful magazine.
On 1st March 2011 Blue Friesian will launch a new cover to add to their portfolio based on which baby magazine title got the most votes, here at Mummy From The Heart... So if you want to feel a part of the growth of this super business then get voting now! Just leave a comment, then check back here or on Blue Friesian's Facebook Page after the closing date and see if your favourite magazine was voted the winner.
Terms and Conditions
- Giveaway ends 12 noon Tuesday 1st February 2011
- Open to all UK and Ireland residents.
- The prize is not transferable or refundable and there is not a cash alternative.
- The prize will be sent direct from Blue Friesian to the lucky winner.
- I will use a random number generator to pick the winner.
- I will contact the winner within 3 days of the giveaway closing.
- Please leave an email or twitter ID so I can contact you if you win.
I'll leave you with another couple of covers to feast your eyes on. Perfect for a kid's birthday party?
This is a review post. I was given £25 credit for the Blue Friesian website. I remain honest in my review of the service I used.
Congratulations to Becky, you are thew winner picked at Random. Please email or DM me your email address and Blue Friesian will contact you about the prize.