25 November 2011 - Today I am linking up to Festive Friday with Chris at Thinly Spread.
I don't expect many people can say that Xmas Eve is their favourite day of this festive season, but for me it is great and our family have some lovely traditions that we carry out each year. I also read about one fab tradition which I may just adopt for next year. Mum at The Mad House has a visit from the Christmas Eve elves each year and they leave new PJ's, a book and some chocolate for each person in the house. Isn't that a great idea?
Here is what our Christmas Eve includes - What is there not to like?
- Off work with dh
- All the kids excited and full of fun/ mischief
- A visit to Santa in the morning with great friends
- A cooked breakfast after to set us up for the day
- Reading the nativity story on the way home
- Preparing all the veg for tomorrow with my girls
- Going to Christingle with the kids and having a thoroughly lovely time singing hymns and worshipping
- Watching the kids open one present before bath time
- Bath, story and ready for bed with their stocking
- Having an Indian take-away with dh and watching a good movie with a Baileys.