So for today I am cultivating an attitude of gratitude. I choose to be positive and I choose to see the best in everyone and everything.
Here is my gratitude list from the time I woke up this morning to now as I slink off to bed.
I AM GRATEFUL -
- that I woke at 6.55am, a lie in from my normal 6.15am but still enough time to do what was needed and to leave the house by 7.45am
- that I had a nice invigorating shower to wake up and felt comfortable in my clothes
- that dh stripped JJ's sheets off when he had a little 'accident'
- that the kids got dressed with the minimum of fuss this morning
- that dh emptied and re-stacked the dishwasher before leaving for work
- that I got a nice kiss from everyone as they went off to school, work and nursery
- that the sun was shining and the rain stayed away
- that I have a car and was able to drive to work
- that everyone was smiling when I arrived to work, early!
- that I enjoyed my breakfast
- that the training course that I was running went well
- that my mother in law picked up JJ from school
- that my mother in law hung out the washing and did the washing up whilst I was at work
- that JJ enjoyed his day at school
- that the girls behaved at nursery and napped and ate well
- that all my kids were really pleased to see me when I arrived to them
- that I enjoyed my tea
- that my house was still tidy when I arrived home
- that I had fun reading the girls their bedtime story
- that JJ and I spent time together wrapping all the girls birthday gifts
- that the garage is nearly clear and ready for transformation
- that I got a little bit of time on the PC to catch up
- and lastly that I can now go to bed and sleep......
Have a go yourself, walk through your day in your mind and remind yourself that you are blessed. Have you ever read the book or watched the film - Polyanna? She plays the 'glad' game and is glad for everything, taking a positive slant on even the worst things and believe me this can get you through many tough timesThis clip is from a re-make of the orginal film - enjoy!